Unless otherwise noted, the penalty for breach of a Local Rule is the general penalty (loss of hole in matchplay or two penalty strokes in strokeplay.
- OUT OF BOUNDS (RULE 18.2)
Out of bounds is defined by boundary fences of the course or ground level white stakes. If in any doubt play a provisional ball
- PENALTY AREAS (RULE17)
All penalty areas are defined by red or yellow stakes. Note – the stakes are immovable obstructions and are in the penalty area.
Dropping Zones for Penalty Areas – Where a dropping zone is marked for a penalty area, it is an additional option for relief under penalty of one stroke. The dropping zone is a relief area. A ball must be dropped in and come to rest in the relief area.
DROP ZONES AREA AVAILABLE ON HOLES 3, 6, 9 AND 16
- ABNORMAL COURSE CONDITIONS (INCLUDING IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS) (RULE 16)
Ground Under Repair
Any area defined by a white line / dotted line where marked or seams of cut turf.
Any area of damaged ground (e.g. caused by vehicle movement) that is considered by a referee or playing partner(s) to be abnormal
Free relief (nearest point) is allowed from interference by cart paths, sprinkler heads or fixed drip lines, light posts or footings and casual water.
Embedded Ball – only when in the general area.
Note: Free relief is 1 club length from nearest point of abnormal course condition
LOOSE IMPEDIMENTS (RULE 15.1)
Without penalty, a player may remove a loose impediment anywhere on or off the course
MOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (RULE 15-2)
Without penalty, a player may remove a movable obstruction anywhere on or off the course
ADDITIONAL LOCAL RULES / GENERAL INFORMATION
- Players may take a relief of one club length on all closely mown areas and bunkers.
- The mangroves are deemed as an integral part of the course unless defined by penalty zone stakes.
- Gimmies are not allowed in club competitions
- Only 3 minutes allowed looking for lost balls. Keep carts away from tee boxes, greens and out of all sandy waste areas